[Dovecot] dovecot and tcpwrappers

Kees Lemmens lemmens_kees at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 15:35:22 EEST 2011

Hi Timo,

Thanks for the prompt answer ! This solves a large security for me ;-)

Any idea why the inetd path is not working anymore in 2.x or is that
already somewhere else in the list ?

On Wednesday, July 27, 2011, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 14:16 +0200, Kees Lemmens wrote:
> > Since yesterday I have dovecot 2.0.13. But in version 2.0.13 it seems
> > that starting using inetd doesn't work anymore : I only get a strange
>
> > error message if I try to connect using telnet :
> Yeah, won't work.
>
> > Is dovecot indeed ignoring hosts.allow/deny ?
>
> Yes. But you can enable tcpwrappers with:
>
> login_access_sockets = tcpwrap
>
> > BTW: I tried to post on the mailinglist but it seems I can't access
> > them it the moment, altough I did subscribe and login. Is there
> > anything wrong ?
>
> Nothing's wrong as far as I know..

I can access the archives and receive the mailings now but if I click on
http://dovecot.org/mailman/listinfo (which is somewhere on the starting
page) I only get this :

Not Found
The requested URL /mailman/listinfo was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at dovecot.org Port 80

--
With best regards,
Kees Lemmens.