[Dovecot] 2.0: deliver run from multiple uids and configuration files

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Fri Jun 3 00:20:28 EEST 2011

I'm trying to run deliver from exim transport in a way that it doesn't need to
query userdb AND doesn't need to read configuration files.

The problem is that config files are readable for root only and if I run
deliver with multiple UIDs then I would have to allow reading config files for
everyone. Of course that's not a option because configs contain database
passwords and such stuff.

I wonder if it is possible to avoid reading config files by deliver?

The only solution I see it to run deliver via sudo which doesn't look nice.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team