[Dovecot] lda_mailbox_autocreate does not work for lmtp?

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Wed Jun 8 13:11:51 EEST 2011

Hi,

I try to deliver into specific folders with the "plus addressing", namely:
rcpt to:<userid+folder at domain>
This works only if the folder exists.
If it does not, I get the following error:
rcpt to:<userid+Spam at domain>
501 5.5.4 Unsupported options

example-config/conf.d/20-lmtp.conf says:
# When recipient address includes the detail (e.g. user+detail), try to save
# the mail to the detail mailbox. See also recipient_delimiter and
# lda_mailbox_autocreate settings.

But it seems it does not work (or I am missing something).

Current config (I've also tried to include autocreate plugin into lmtp,
without any success) is below:
# 2.0.13: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE amd64
auth_cache_negative_ttl = 0
auth_cache_size = 100 M
auth_cache_ttl = 1 days
disable_plaintext_auth = no
info_log_path = syslog
lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes
lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox = yes
log_path = /var/log/dovecot-errors.log
mail_fsync = never
mail_gid = 999
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mail_plugins = " quota"
mail_uid = 999
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date
passdb {
   args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/master-users
   driver = passwd-file
   master = yes
   pass = yes
}
passdb {
   args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
   driver = ldap
}
plugin {
   autocreate = INBOX.Trash
   autocreate2 = INBOX.Drafts
   autocreate3 = INBOX.Sent
   autocreate4 = INBOX.Spam
   autosubscribe = INBOX.Trash
   autosubscribe2 = INBOX.Drafts
   autosubscribe3 = INBOX.Sent
   autosubscribe4 = INBOX.Spam
   mail_log_events = delete mailbox_delete
   mail_log_fields = uid box msgid size flags vsize from subject
   quota = maildir:User quota
   recipient_delimiter = +
   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
   sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = pop3 imap lmtp
service anvil {
   client_limit = 8192
}
service auth {
   client_limit = 8192
   unix_listener auth-userdb {
     mode = 0600
     user = qmailldap
   }
}
service imap-login {
   client_limit = 1000
   process_limit = 100
   process_min_avail = 8
   service_count = 0
}
service imap {
   client_limit = 8
   process_limit = 2048
   process_min_avail = 16
   service_count = 0
}
service lmtp {
   inet_listener lmtp {
     port = 24
   }
   user = qmailldap
}
service managesieve-login {
   inet_listener sieve {
     port = 4190
   }
}
service pop3-login {
   client_limit = 1000
   process_limit = 100
   process_min_avail = 8
   service_count = 0
}
service pop3 {
   client_limit = 8
   process_limit = 2048
   process_min_avail = 32
   service_count = 0
}
ssl = no
userdb {
   driver = prefetch
}
userdb {
   args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
   driver = ldap
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
protocol lmtp {
   mail_plugins = " quota autocreate mail_log notify sieve"
}
protocol imap {
   mail_max_userip_connections = 1024
   mail_plugins = " quota imap_quota autocreate mail_log notify"
}
protocol pop3 {