[Dovecot] save failed to INBOX: Not enough disk space

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 8 15:09:41 EEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 14:47 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 11:16 +0200, Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo wrote:
>
> > But I have found this on my logs "save failed to INBOX: Not enough disk space" .
>
> This means that a write() (or some other syscall) returned either ENOSPC
> or EDQUOT error message, or that quota plugin decided user is out of
> quota.

Actually quota plugin gives a different error message. The only
possibility I can think of is that ocfs2 has decided to start returning
"no disk space" failures when Dovecot tries to create files.

Does this happen for every mail delivery? Can you manually create more
files? Can you upload messages via IMAP (i.e. is it only LMTP that is
the problem?