[Dovecot] Timeout during APPEND

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Mon Jun 13 16:11:09 EEST 2011

also sprach Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> [2011.06.13.1444 +0200]:
> Timing out after only 30 seconds seems a bit aggressive to me,
> especially if you're uploading a large message over a slow network
> connection. Isn't it configurable?

Not that I can see, but I will check out the code later too.

The question is whether IMAP really limits us to using something
silly as timeouts. Couldn't the server keep sending BUSY messages,
or the like?

How could the client distinguish between an upload progressing, and
the connection having stalled. Does it look at the flow rate of
data, or how does IMAP cater for this requirement?

an egg has the shortest sex-life of all: if gets laid once; it gets
eaten once. it also has to come in a box with 11 others, and the
only person who will sit on its face is its mother.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net