[Dovecot] DoveCot LDA/Postfix get address rather than user from messages

Zhou, Yan yzhou at medplus.com
Tue Jun 21 20:37:55 EEST 2011

Hi there,

We are using Postfix and DoveCot 1.0.7, using DoveCot LDA/Postfix to
deliver messages to mailboxes via LDAP lookup.

My Postfix 2.3.3  /etc/postfix/master.cf  reads like this

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   flags=Rhu user=hubdirect argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f
${sender} -d ${recipient}

And my /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf reads like this:

user_filter = (&(objectClass=DirectUser)(username=%n))

user_attrs =
userreference=user,usermaildirectory=mail,userhomedirectory=home

I find the above "%n" value in "user_filter" I am getting is always the
address, not "user part in user at domain" as the documentation says. Did I
miss anything?

Thanks,
Yan

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in this transmission is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (513) 229-5500 or by email (postmaster at MedPlus.com). After replying, please erase it from your computer system.