[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0.13 problem with LMTP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 28 03:03:59 EEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 10:31 +0000, Innocenzi, Cinzia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have dovecot 2.0.13 installed in our RHEL5 servers. We use dovecot
> as a lmtp proxy on the front end mail relays and dovecot for back end
> lmtp/pop/imap. All our servers have RHEL5.6 64-bit and dovecot 2.0.13
> installed, and the back end has also an ext3 mbox file-system mounted.
>
> Sometimes we have mails that get stuck on our postfix queue with the
> following error: Remote server not answering (timeout in DATA input)
..
> It doesn't happen for every single mail, it's random.

My guess is there's a bug somewhere in the LMTP proxy code. It's a bit
annoyingly complex code.. Do you see this happening when proxying only a
single mail (one RCPT TO per DATA, not multiple)?

And I would guess that when attempting to deliver the same mail again it
works fine (at least in a few tries)?