[Dovecot] logging issues w/ login_max_processes_count on 1.x

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Fri Mar 4 01:12:49 EET 2011

Today I found our dovecot 2.x gracefully logged:
dovecot: master: Warning: service(imap-login): process_limit reached, client connections are being dropped

I am confident that we had the very same problem on our previous dovecot 1.x box. Of course with dovecot 1.x, the same relative setting is login_max_processes_count. I believe that I turned up all dovecot logging & debugging to the max (also checked with the 1.x wiki), but nothing was ever logged relating to this.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to get dovecot 1.x to log this type of error?

Thanks,
-
Doug Mortensen
Network Consultant