[Dovecot] logging issues w/ login_max_processes_count on 1.x

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 4 03:41:16 EET 2011

On 4.3.2011, at 1.12, Douglas Mortensen wrote:

> Today I found our dovecot 2.x gracefully logged:
> dovecot: master: Warning: service(imap-login): process_limit reached, client connections are being dropped
>
> Does anyone know whether there is a way to get dovecot 1.x to log this type of error?

As long as all of the connection slots aren't used for SSL connections, it should log:

Disconnected: Connection queue full

as some (not yet logged in) client's disconnection reason. It kills the oldest client away. This is actually what v2.0 also does in that situation, it just logs that extra warning. If all of the login processes are busy serving SSL sessions, v1.x logs:

All login processes are in use. You may need to increase login_max_processes_count