[Dovecot] Multiple Concurrent IMAP Connections For Same User

Stephen Usher Stephen.Usher at earth.ox.ac.uk
Sat Mar 5 20:57:57 EET 2011

On 05/03/2011 18:04, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> I don't believe it's an issue of Tbird talking to Dovecot, and I don't
> believe it's a Dovecot issue.  I believe it's a combination of the TB
> GLODA system and local folder synchronization.  I recommend you disable
> both of these, close TB, then manually delete all local cached
> folder/message copies and the gloda database in the user profile, then
> launch TB.  And never reenable local sync or GLODA.  This should fix
> your problem.  And make sure *all* IMAP clients accessing the mailbox
> expunge on exit, including your smart phone, etc.

Turning off all caching and synchronisation makes no difference. It's
the first thing I did, especially as at work the connection to the mail
server is fast and the home directory for my account is a network drive.
(i.e. the caching and copying of e-mail is actually *SLOWER* than direct
access.)

The same effect can be seen on all platforms TB3 runs upon and whether
or not the users data is stored locally or on a network drive.

Steve
IT Systems Administrator,                     E-Mail:- steve at earth.ox.ac.uk
Department of Earth Sciences,                    Tel:-   +44 (0)1865 282110
Oxford University, South Parks Road, Oxford, UK. Fax:-   +44 (0)1865 272072