[Dovecot] questions/problems virtual plugin pop3 leave copies on the server for x days then delete / tbs Popstate.dat

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Sat Mar 19 00:39:29 EET 2011

Am 17.03.2011 00:07, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Am 16.03.2011 23:52, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
>>>
>>> here it is for tb
>>>
>>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popstate.dat
>>>

>> ok , i tested a little
>> the popstate.dat files stores what to do
>> with pop3 mail identified by UIDL
>>
>> this tb function looks good on both servers
>>
>> if i.e a mail was deleted from local inbox
>> it gets declared something like
>> d uidl
>> in the popstate.dat
>>
>> the difference between the servers is
>> that in the server without virtual plugin the mail gets in deed deleted
>> at pop3 reconnect
>>
>> sending
>> pop3(... at ....): expunge: box=INBOX, uid=172,
>> msgid=<4D813935.9070606 at ....>, size=1836
>>
>> with my virtual plugin setup it isnt deleted
>> cant see any expunge with this tb account
>>
>> miracle i can see onther account ( think he has old netscape )
>> which sends expunge over pop3
>>

> checked this with outlook 2010 too
> it doesnt work either, see no expunge in log
>
> so the virtual plugin or my setup within simply broke this pop3 features
hi Timo

i did more debugging,
used telnet with pop3
the list and dele function are working,

the problem is based on
that if tb downloads the mail ( with option leave copies on the server )
mail stays in maildir cur now, but it cant be seen via pop3 list anymore
so its clear, whatever tb sends dele later connect it fails cause the
mail cant be seen via pop3 anymore