[Dovecot] Multiple versions of Dovecot installed

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 13:16:20 EET 2011

I have had to rebuild my 64-bit CentOS 5 email server and after
installing dovecot rpms (using yum) I seem to have multiple versions
installed:

dovecot-1.1.20-1_98.el5 - from ATrpms repo
dovecot-1.0.7-7.el5 - from CentOS repo
dovecot-sieve-0.1.18-6.1.el5 - from ATrpms repo

I have tried to install just the ATrpms version but when I do "yum
install dovecot" the CentOS one always gets pulled in as well. Is this
normal, or does it indicate that something has gone wrong in the
installation process?

I'm having an issue with Dovecot sieve because it can't find a sieve
plugin in /usr/lib64/dovecot/lda/. However, there is one in
/usr/lib/dovecot/lda/. Do I have some sort or 32-bit/64-bit mismatch?