[Dovecot] Shared mailboxes and acl

Juan C. Blanco jcblanco at fi.upm.es
Sat May 7 20:40:44 EEST 2011

On 07/05/2011 18:32, Juan C. Blanco wrote:
> Hello, I've finally upgrade to dovecot 2.0.12 and I'm doing some test
> with shared mailboxes and acl.
>
> I've read http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Shared and changed
> the dovecot config as recommended, I'm using Horde/IMP as imap_acl client
>
> Seems that the acl files in user mailbox where updated correctly.
>
> I've defined also a shared mailbox dictionary and if I've understood
> right from the wiki page this file is supposed to be also updated with
> the imap_acl commands, is this right?
>
> In my case this file is never updated, I don't know if this file must
> have any special format or is a simple text file.

Solved, finally it was a permission problem, I've setup the shared
mailbox dict in /var/lib/dovecot/shaed-mailboxes and even I've granted
permission to this file to the vamil user there was a problem creating
the dotlock when updating the file. I have had to create a directory
there and change the owner of it to vmail

As I've debug active I was losing the error in the log file.

Regards
Juan C. Blanco