[Dovecot] Performance-Tuning

Javier de Miguel Rodríguez javierdemiguel at us.es
Tue Nov 8 16:15:39 EET 2011

     We are very happy with mdbox+zlib+ext4 + iSCSI SAN (HP Lefthand in
our setup)

     If you have CPU to spare, consider using zlib with mdbox. You are
trading CPU power (cheap) to get fewer IOPS (IOPS count is expensive).
Mdbox has halved our backup windows (2,8 TB uncompressed mailboxes, 2 TB
compressed) and backup software is happier because there are few
(100.000+ files with mdbox) to backup instead of several millions (Maildir)

     Regards

     Javier