[Dovecot] Performance-Tuning

Peer Heinlein p.heinlein at heinlein-support.de
Tue Nov 8 16:22:24 EET 2011

Am Dienstag, 8. November 2011, 15:15:39 schrieb Javier de Miguel Rodríguez:

Hi,

>      If you have CPU to spare, consider using zlib with mdbox. You are
> trading CPU power (cheap) to get fewer IOPS (IOPS count is expensive).

Hey. This point is great. I hadn't realized that.

Sure. zlib will save IOPS and 2x6-CPUs aren't a problem. Good point -thanks.

> compressed) and backup software is happier because there are few
> (100.000+ files with mdbox) to backup instead of several millions
> (Maildir)

Yes, that#s the main reason why I want to switch to mbox. At the moment our
roundtrip-time for the backup is > 24h...

Peer

--

Heinlein Professional Linux Support GmbH
Linux: Akademie - Support - Hosting

Tel: 030/405051-42
Fax: 030/405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin