[Dovecot] Performance-Tuning

Javier de Miguel Rodríguez javierdemiguel at us.es
Tue Nov 8 16:29:02 EET 2011

     Other important thing to consider is message expunging. With mdbox
you are "delaying" the I/O associated with deleting e-mails. We have a
nightly cronjob that expunge messages from mdboxes.

     If you have en EVA (wich one? 4.400? 6.400? ) you also can consider
RAID 1+0 or SSD for indexes. Indexes are hammered in mdbox.

     Regards

     Javier