[Dovecot] Restoring Mails from Backup Archive

Bill Cole dovecot-20110531 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Nov 14 00:27:02 EET 2011

Andreas Cieslak wrote, On 11/13/11 9:48 AM:
> Hi List,
>

> i am trying to restore mails from an backup-archive which was made with
> rsnapshot.
>

> All the mails in the archive look similar like the following:
>

> -rw------- 2 1014 1015     3308  8. Aug 13:42
> 1312803768.V809I266a00aM505178.server:2,ST

The portion of the filename after the ':' is a message status structure. In
that structure, the letter 'T' means that the message has been marked for
deletion by the user. As a result, most IMAP clients will not show the
message to the user and an "EXPUNGE" command on the mailbox will delete the
message.