[Dovecot] Restoring Mails from Backup Archive

Andreas Cieslak andreas at kado-web.de
Sun Nov 13 16:48:49 EET 2011

Hi List,

i am trying to restore mails from an backup-archive which was made with
rsnapshot.

All the mails in the archive look similar like the following:

-rw------- 2 1014 1015     3308  8. Aug 13:42
1312803768.V809I266a00aM505178.server:2,ST

Now I copy the files from the archive into the Maildir/cur directory of the
user.

Then I set the permissions etc. and log in with the user account via
Squirrelmail.

The restored mails aren't in the INBOX, and when I go into the Maildir/cur
dir of the user, the restored mails are gone. Possibly deleted after the
login.

Had anyone some similar experiences ?

Any hints ?

Kind regards