[Dovecot] Migration From Courier Imap.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 15 22:16:14 EET 2011

On Sat, 2011-11-12 at 12:58 +0530, Rajeev Sharma wrote:

> I am using vpopmail,qmail along with courier-imap 4.0 i want to
> migrate from courier to dovecot but i have 100 shared folder
> under /home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/Malidir and user shared them
> on the basis of rights assign.
>
> I am very much clear how to migrate from courier to dovecot but i am
> unable how to migrate shared folder and assign rights.

I don't think there is any existing documentation about this. I've also
not used Courier shared folders myself much. I think the ACL files'
contents are compatible, although Dovecot names them differently. IIRC
Courier used some kind of symlinked maildir files for shared folders to
provide per-user flags? Migrating those to Dovecot would be a bit
tricky, especially because Dovecot currently supports only per-user
\Seen flags (maybe Courier does too? I'm not sure) and Dovecot stores
the per-user \Seen flags only in per-user index files.

Anyway, I don't really have time to look into details of this, so you'll
just need to figure out the specifics yourself (or alternatively pay me
to do that via my company).