[Dovecot] seting acl for master user?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 18 19:22:02 EET 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-18 at 14:34 +0100, oni-neko at gmx.net wrote:

> what i don't get is the acl-setting, so that the master-user can
> access all the other users mails and folders.
..
> in my case I only want the master user (called cyrus) to be able to do
> everything with/in all mailboxes, so I made a
> file /etc/dovecot/acls/default that reads "user=cyrus lrwstipekxa".

Unfortunately currently there is no default ACL file. The above would
create an ACL file for a mailbox called "default". I'll need to get the
default ACLs implemented some day..

But if you don't need ACLs for anything else, you can simply disable the
ACL plugin and the master user will have access to everything. If you do
need ACLs, there are some kludges you can still do.