[Dovecot] CCing outbound IMAP mail?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 18 19:30:08 EET 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-18 at 09:25 -0800, Dave Stevens wrote:
> For some users on my site I'd like to be able to CC a particular user
> on all outgoing IMAP mails. Incoming I can do but don't see how to do
> outgoing. Ideas?

Typically the users would be sending the outgoing mails via your SMTP
server and you should be able to do it the same way in MTA.

If your users aren't sending mails via your SMTP server, then it depends
on if they are saving the mails to the "Sent" mailbox on IMAP server.
That "Sent" mailbox could be named different things, and in any case
there's really no simple way to trigger sending a mail when a mail is
being saved via IMAP..