[Dovecot] CCing outbound IMAP mail?

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Nov 18 19:33:03 EET 2011

Am 18.11.2011 18:30, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On Fri, 2011-11-18 at 09:25 -0800, Dave Stevens wrote:
>> For some users on my site I'd like to be able to CC a particular user
>> on all outgoing IMAP mails. Incoming I can do but don't see how to do
>> outgoing. Ideas?
>
> Typically the users would be sending the outgoing mails via your SMTP
> server and you should be able to do it the same way in MTA.
>
> If your users aren't sending mails via your SMTP server, then it depends
> on if they are saving the mails to the "Sent" mailbox on IMAP server.
> That "Sent" mailbox could be named different things, and in any case
> there's really no simple way to trigger sending a mail when a mail is
> being saved via IMAP..

perhaps not the right thing in postfix there is

sender_bcc_maps (default: empty)

    Optional BCC (blind carbon-copy) address lookup tables, indexed by
sender address. The BCC address (multiple results are not supported) is
added when mail enters from outside of Postfix.

    This feature is available in Postfix 2.1 and later.

    The table search order is as follows:

        Look up the "user+extension at domain.tld" address including the
optional address extension.
        Look up the "user at domain.tld" address without the optional
address extension.
        Look up the "user+extension" address local part when the sender
domain equals $myorigin, $mydestination, $inet_interfaces or
$proxy_interfaces.
        Look up the "user" address local part when the sender domain
equals $myorigin, $mydestination, $inet_interfaces or $proxy_interfaces.
        Look up the "@domain.tld" part.

    Specify the types and names of databases to use. After change, run
"postmap /etc/postfix/sender_bcc".

    Note: if mail to the BCC address bounces it will be returned to the
sender.
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer