[Dovecot] Indexes to MLC-SSD

Patrick Westenberg pw at wk-serv.de
Thu Nov 24 12:04:25 EET 2011

 On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:45:47 +0100, Jan-Frode Myklebust
 <janfrode at tanso.net> wrote:

> Ah, then Timo's reply was right. He suggested you do the
> lmtp-deliveries
> to the same server that you would send you imap-user to.  You can do
> this
> trough dovecot director and lmtp-proxying.
>
> So instead of:
>
> 	lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp
>
> you should use:
>
> 	lmtp:tcp:1.2.3.4:24
>
> where 1.2.3.4 would be the Dovecot LMTP proxy that proxies to the
> same
> machine as you would use for imap for this particular recipient.

 I see.
 So as far as I understood:

 - I set up a new server as LMTP proxy for my two MX 10 to connect to
 - the proxy redirects to my backend imap servers which will then store
 the mails on my shared storage and the index files to a local disk
 (so I have to enable LMTP additionally to enable this servers to store
 the mails)
 - I set up a frontend imap server for my users to connect to which will
 redirect them to the backend servers

 Am I right so far?

 Patrick