[Dovecot] How to create home directories for virtual users?

Olli Räisänen olli.raisanen at telemail.fi
Fri Nov 25 00:43:51 EET 2011

Timo Sirainen kirjoitti 2011-11-24 kello 21:29:46:

> It would be better if you used PostfixAdmin's "maildir" field as the
> home directory, and then mail_location=~/Maildir.

Thank you, Timo! (And thank you, Tom, for the simplification example!) I
never thought ~/Maildir could refer to anything but UNIX system users! :)

Timo's queries (beneath) work indeed. However, it took quite a while of
testing, and I wonder if it really would cause some trouble if homedir and
maildir were kept the same...

Regards,
Olli