[Dovecot] MUAs creating different "Sent" folders

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Wed Nov 30 10:56:27 EET 2011

* Robert Schetterer <robert at schetterer.org>:
> Am 30.11.2011 09:21, schrieb Patrick Ben Koetter:
> > * Robert Schetterer <robert at schetterer.org>:

> >> what helps this, tb, outlook, apple mail, winmail and some mobile
> >> clients must follow , this is what people use, and it will take years
> >> after some of them might upgrade
> >
> > What helps this == Was hilft es?
> >
> > TB has it on the CR list.
> > Apple has their own X-LIST feature together with google.
>
> cool, *g left another hundred clients
>
> however  having this widly solved would be a dream
> why i did take so long for it.........., its a Problem since years

Yes, it is a problem, but having a standard doesn't solve it and open source
software is not a guarant to have it implemented either, unless you contribute
the code yourself or get to sponsor someone to do it.

BTW: We'd contribute € 500 if Timo implemented RFC 6154 in Dovecot 2.1.

p at rick

--
state of mind ()
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666