[Dovecot] doveadm 'proxy list' or 'who' not working ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 4 22:19:43 EET 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 11:49 +0200, de Lafond Guillaume wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I switched from dovecot 1.2.* to 2.0.* for a mail proxy.
> I try to play with the new cool utility doveadm, but I don't manage to get results from it.
>
> # /usr/local/dovecot-2.0.15/bin/doveadm proxy list
> username                                                                                                                                proto src ip dest ip port
> #

This should work. A quick test shows it working with me.

Check if you have "ipc" process running? Check that you have <base
dir>/login/ipc-proxy fifo. Maybe try straceing the imap-login processes
and see if any ipc connection arrives there when running the doveadm
command.

> As 'proxy list' does not return anything, I tried with 'who'
> # /usr/local/dovecot-2.0.15/bin/doveadm who -a /var/run/dovecot-socket-auth/anvil
> username                                                                                                                                   # proto (pids) (ips)
> #

This isn't supposed to show anything. Although why do you give such a
socket path parameter?