[Dovecot] Deleting a mailbox and all its children

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Wed Nov 16 03:04:42 EET 2011

I'm looking at scripting a mechanism to delete a mailbox, which is easy
with 'doveadm mailbox delete' -- however it gets complicated when there
are children of arbitrary depth, for example, I may have this:

restored.daily1.INBOX
restored.daily1.Sent
restored.daily1.Mystuff
restored.daily1.Mystuff.foo

I would like to delete the 'restored' mailbox and all its children (and
unsubscribe the folders), but the 'doveadm mailbox delete' command wont
delete any children.

I'm surprised that there isn't a -r (recursive) option to 'doveadm
mailbox delete', but perhaps I am missing the easier way to handle this?

thanks for any ideas or suggestions!
micah