[Dovecot] How to disable pop3 in version 2?

Knute Johnson dovecot at knutejohnson.com
Wed Nov 23 00:53:30 EET 2011

I'm about to bring up a new mail server running Ubuntu 11.10 with
Dovecot 2.  I've been using 1.2 all along and there are a bunch more
config files in 2.  In 1.2 I just edited the protocols statement but I
can't find one in version 2.  Is there a way to disable pop3 or do I
just firewall the ports?

And a related question, I've been using imaps on port 993 but I hear
that's not the best solution anymore, I should be using imap with
STARTTLS?  How do I disable imaps?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson