[Dovecot] Filesystem quotas

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:40:21 EEST 2011

Timo Sirainen writes in response to Steve Fatula's query:

> With imap_quota plugin it allows IMAP client to see how much quota is
> used/left.  You could also enable quota warnings.  And configure the
> quota exceeded error message.

It could also prevent the catch-22 situation I wrote about earlier whereby
a filesystem out-of-space condition will result in a user not being
able get themselves out of that situation, since a mailbox operation
(like a delete and expunge) will not be able to create a lockfile.

Having quotas handled by the IMAP/LDA will allow extra room to handle
this impasse.  Disabling dotlock or using dotlock_try locking method
are some other workarounds.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>