[Dovecot] To query two SQL tables for user verification over LMTP, should I use (a) two separate lookups? or (b) just one lookup with a boolean query?

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Tue Oct 11 15:37:26 EEST 2011

postfix delivers to the user, and I don't do lmtp authentication, I
just submit the email from postfix to lmtp.

I'm not even sure how you can use lmtp authentication to verify a
delivery address, normally when postfix uses lmtp the email was
accepted, and therefor would generate a bounce.

I can't find anything that wouldn't bounce using lmtp, in postfix or
dovecot documentation.

Quoting jake0534 at airpost.net: