[Dovecot] To query two SQL tables for user verification over LMTP, should I use (a) two separate lookups? or (b) just one lookup with a boolean query?

jake0534 at airpost.net jake0534 at airpost.net
Tue Oct 11 18:57:49 EEST 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:37 AM, "Patrick Domack"
<patrickdk at patrickdk.com> wrote:
> postfix delivers to the user, and I don't do lmtp authentication, I
> just submit the email from postfix to lmtp.

Ok, then we have different approaches.

So you are using *only* Postfix to check if a received user is valid,
right?

> I'm not even sure how you can use lmtp authentication to verify a
> delivery address, normally when postfix uses lmtp the email was
> accepted, and therefor would generate a bounce.
>
> I can't find anything that wouldn't bounce using lmtp, in postfix or
> dovecot documentation.

If you follow this,

 http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixDovecotLMTP

it works OK.  There is no bounce when Postfix submit mail to LMTP for
delivery and the user is authenticated as valid.

Jake