[Dovecot] Rare error with concurrent users searching with fts-solr

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 18 17:40:26 EEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 10:31 +0200, Antonio Perez-Aranda wrote:
> After see this error, I set a tcpdump to try to watch the SOLR XML and
> GET, I can watch that Solr send a xml like this:
>
> <response></response>
>
> with 200 as http status
>
> When the normal response is like this
>
> <response>
> <lst name="responseHeader">
..

Check what kind of commands Dovecot sends. Is this maybe a reply to a
somewhat different (broken?) command than others?

> At first, I think that the problems it's in Solr, but after get all
> GET from tcpdump, I make a python script with urllib2 and send it all
> to Solr with the same concurrency and I can't get any error or "empty
> response"

You mean send the exact same commands as Dovecot sent when this failed?

It's anyway difficult for me to guess how this could be Dovecot's fault,
if the command that gives the broken response normally works.