[Dovecot] doveadm segfaults on TCP connect - version 2.0.15

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 23:06:49 EEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

From: "ghandidrivesahumvee at rocketfish.com" <ghandidrivesahumvee at rocketfish.com>
To: dovecot at dovecot.org
Sent: Wednesday, 19 October 2011, 22:40
Subject: [Dovecot] doveadm segfaults on TCP connect - version 2.0.15

Hi list,

I just recently installed Dovecot 2.0.15. Unfortunately, doveadm segfaults
when I attempt to connect to the local dovecot instance. When this occurs,
my logs show:

2011-10-19T12:31:23-07:00 mail02 dovecot: doveadm: Error: doveadm client
not compatible with this server (mixed old and new binaries?)

I am using the settings listed on the wiki page
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Director

[root at mail02 ~]# /opt/dovecot/bin/doveadm who -a 10.10.5.220:544
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

doveconf and gdb output are below. If there is any more information I can
provide please let me know.

Thanks!

Which OS version ?

Have you considered the possibility you had a previous version of dovecot
installed from the distro, then installed v2.0.15 ?

Just saying,

s.

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis