[Dovecot] Proxy and Virtual IMAP Folders

Pedro Paixao paixaop at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 04:17:14 EEST 2011

Hi all

I am a newbie to dovecot and I would like some help clarifying a feature to
determine if I can use it in my project.

Is is posible to use the virtual plugin, in a IMAP proxy configuration, in a
way that the virtual plugin searches messages on the real server?

Here's my scenario:

[Client]----[Dovecot Proxy]-----[Real Imap Server]

Client connects to Dovecot Proxy and gets all the folders that are on the
Real Imap Server, plus some virtual ones (generated by Dovecot Proxy) that
search for messages on the real server. In my config the Dovecot Proxy has
no email messages, real folders, or local delivery.

I would like to thank you in advance for ant help and support.

All the best
Pedro