[Dovecot] Configuring mbox and maildir formats - dovecot-1.2.15

Albert E. Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Thu Oct 27 22:52:41 EEST 2011

I am transitioning an existing server from using exclusively mbox, to
being able to support both mbox and then fully maildir formats.

I need to support the mbox format until I can get everyone switched over
to maildir.

What do I need to to use in the config of /etc/dovecot.conf to support
the default of mbox, and then the new Maildir format (users will get
upgraded individually from mbox to Maildir, and need to be upgraded).

Thank you.

--

Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Senior Technology & Security Director