[Dovecot] Possible signed/unsigned bug in libdovecot-storage (2:2.0.14 )

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 5 13:17:38 EEST 2011

On 5.9.2011, at 13.11, Kui Zhang wrote:

>> First you'll need to find "map_uid" of the message:
>>>
>> map_uid=`doveadm dump ~/mdbox/mailboxes/INBOX/dbox-Mails/|grep -A 10 uid=726974|grep -w map_uid|awk '{print $4}'`
>>
>> Next you can check that the reference count for the message really is
>> 32767:
>
> The ref counter was 32767.

Well, see what happens if you try to rebuild the dbox indexes. Does the counter shrink or is it the same? If it stays the same, the message was actually copied 32767 times somewhere..

doveadm force-resync -u user at domain INBOX

> I upgraded dovecot the night before. I seen plugin errors during
> upgrade, in the pass. Do you think client made multiple copies during
> plugin upgrade? I will turn on debug logging for next upgrade.

Having 32767 copies of the message is a bit strange. Debug logging won't show anything, but you could enable mail_log plugin and it'll log about each copy operation.