[Dovecot] MySQL, map files

Steve Fatula compconsultant at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 21:23:35 EEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

Ok, so, now we get to the issue. What syntax can be used for the extdata plugin?

If I have an existing MySQL table with the structure:

username
preference
value

Username would be the dovecot user name. preference would be a constant, and, value is the variable I want to set via the extdata plugin. The primary key is username + preference (constant, in this case, say it's set to "POP3"). I want to use extdata to retrieve that value. Can it be done using extdata and MySQL map syntax, and if so, can you provide an example? Can I specify the query itself (i.e., select value from table t, another table at where....)