[Dovecot] What best decision to make for flatfiles or SQL when I use Dovecot2 + Postfix together?

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Wed Sep 28 01:06:32 EEST 2011

Well, the info dovecot needs, it mailbox name/location, username,
password, and quota, misc info.

postfix will need email address to mailbox name mapping info.

That is the very basic things you need.

Using dovecot lda/lmtp you remove all postfix needs to know mailbox
name to directory mapping, that would be duplicated.

Quoting terryjames9461 at mm.st: