[Dovecot] Mail migration troubles

Mon Apr 2 16:20:49 EEST 2012

On 2012-04-02 8:49 AM, Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On2 April 2012, 12:55, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> On 2012-04-02 6:51 AM, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
>>> As far as I can tell everything went well except for one
>>> user (so far) that he tries to move fresh mail to (mv'd)
>>> folders and it doesn't get there.
>>> Also when he tries to delete messages, they don't get
>>> deleted.
>>> I did "cp -r" actually and kept the old mailboxes nearby
>>> just in case.

>> What do the logs show when he tries this?
>>
>> Did you compare FS permissions on a working setup and the
>> non-working one?

> Well, I checked the dovecot log files
> (dovecot-info.log / dovecot.log)
> It doesn't show something suspicious.
> Just the usual login logout and
> password chatter.

Well, maybe one of the reasons people don't always try to help you is
you often just don't respond with answers to questions...

WHAT ARE THE FS PERMISSIONS ON THAT USERS MAIL FOLDERS? And don't just
say 'they are ok' - SHOW them...

And how about SHOWING SOME LOG EXCERPTS (and increase verbosity if
needed), instead of just saying you don't see anything relevant.

--

Best regards,

Charles