[Dovecot] [OT] Outlook identities

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Apr 14 13:51:13 EEST 2012

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:13:30 -0400
Michael Orlitzky articulated:

> Exchange... the cure is worse than the disease! This isn't looking
> good -- I guess I'll continue to do what I have been: telling people
> to switch off of Outlook if they want their mail client to not suck.

First of all, there are no existing RFC's that require any MUA to meet
the requirements that you desire. So please, stop your wining and
crying. It is embarrassing.

Second, there are avenues available that can make Outlook behave in a
fashion that should be acceptable to you. If you choose not to pursue
them, then that is you business. I have had to endure hours of tedious
nonsense to get a simple sound card to work under a *.nix environment
when I could have simply plugged it into a machine running Microsoft
Windows and had it working immediately. Your "the cure is worse than
the disease" is just self-serving bull-shit.

Outlook + MS Exchange offers features that no other MUA presently comes
close to being able to duplicate in an office environment. If these
don't fit your needs, then please find an MUA that does. No one is
holding a gun to your head. However, your desire to force others to
abandon something that works fine for them to simple suit your narrow
view of what an MUA should or should not do stinks of fascism. I use
Outlook at work and claws-mail at home. Each one fits perfectly into
the environment I have chosen to use it in.

By the way, after examining your original post, I cannot find a single
thing that the proper use of filtering rules and plugins cannot easily
accomplish. Instead of your customers using a different MUA, they
should consider changing to a new service provider.

--
Jerry ♔