[Dovecot] imapsync, namespaces and Dovecot 2.x

Aleix Dorca adorca at uda.ad
Mon Apr 2 19:11:06 EEST 2012

Hi people,

I recently tried to migrate from Exchange using imapsync. It didn't work because it complained that dovecot had no namespace capablity. After looking through Dovecot's config files I found that namespaces could be defined, but if you did not a 'private' default one was created.

In the 2.x wiki documentation (http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration) it says nothing about Namespaces. I don't know if I have to create one or not. If I add the parameters --sep2 . --prefix2 '' to imapsync then it works fine.

I'm proxying using dovecot as frontend and backend, version 2.0.18 (The one that comes with Debian Wheezy).

Any thoughts, please?

Thanks,

Aleix.