[Dovecot] Director pop-login and imap-login processes exiting on signal 11

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Sat Apr 7 10:13:42 EEST 2012

We recently upgraded our cluster to 2.1.3, to enable director proxying.

Everything appears to be working fine for the most part; the only odd
thing is that I'm seeing a lot of entries in the logs like this:

Apr  7 02:18:05 mail-out06 dovecot: pop3-login: Fatal: master:
service(pop3-login): child 75029 killed with signal 11 (core not dumped -
set service pop3-login { drop_priv_before_exec=yes })

This is on the proxy side, not that backend side.

When I try to get a dump out of it, and add drop_prive_before_exec and
chroot= to the pop3-login statement on the proxy, I keep running into
permissions errors with the various service sockets.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy

---