[Dovecot] Problems with Apple Mail and attachments

Helga Mayer helga.mayer at uni-hohenheim.de
Wed Apr 11 17:13:21 EEST 2012

Hello,

has anyone experiences with the Apple mail client, to be precise : Mail 5.2?
When I copy a message with an attachment from the inbox to a different
folder using 'move' or 'copy' , Apple Mail does not properly display
the attachment in the new folder.

When I copy the same message using 'archive' the attachment shows up properly.
There is no difference on the server side. We are using maildirs. The raw
messages in the various folders are identical.
Deleting plist on the Mac didn't help.
After removing and recreation of the account (client side) the
attachments are displayed correctly again.

Is this an apple problem or has it got anything to do with
dovecot.index.cache ?

Kind Regards
Helga Mayer