[Dovecot] imapc / namespace question

René Neumann lists at necoro.eu
Fri Apr 13 23:41:02 EEST 2012

Hi,

I've got two questions regarding imapc and namespaces:

1) Is there a way of stating, that I only want part of the hierarchy on
the end of an imapc connection to be available here? My "problem":

On the other end the layout is:

INBOX.Shared.{some,nice,folders}

If I mirror this into my dovecot hierarchy with prefix "Gemeinsam" I get
the following folder structure:

Gemeinsam.INBOX.Shared.{some,nice,folders}

But I want to ignore the two top-most parts of the hierarchy, i.e. I
want it to look:

Gemeinsam.{some,nice,folders}

Is this possible? I tried with 'location=imapc:INBOX.Shared.' but this
did not change anything.

2) "Private" namespaces only make sense, if location contains something
user-specific like "%u" or "~". Is this correct?
If yes: Is there some other way to make something like an imapc
connection only appear for one user, if there is nothing in the location
or imapc_user to denote the user it belongs to and hence I cannot use
"private"?
The only way I see currently is to use "shared" and set up ACLs to
forbid all users except one to access the namespace (which gets slightly
ugly as I have to use global ACLs, as -- I think -- there is no way to
store ACLs for an imapc storage).

Thanks,
René