[Dovecot] zlib plugin maildir broken ?/ Cached message size smaller than expected

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Aug 1 08:36:56 EEST 2012

Am 31.07.2012 23:44, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On 1.8.2012, at 0.29, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>
>> Cached message size smaller than expected
>> and
>> Maildir filename has wrong S value
>> and
>> Corrupted index cache file
>>
>> in dove 2.1.8
>>
>> i can reproduce the problem with tb 14
>> with 2 nat machines connected to the same server
>>
>> the problem relates with create new folder then copy
>> some uncompressed and compressed mail to it, the i.e
>> open it by other client
>>
>> sometime this happens at once , sometime after a few copy actions
>
> I can't reproduce this. Are you sure the problem isn't that the old mails already have a wrong S value and the errors happen when Dovecot tries to read them?

at my recent onwledge
mixing  compressed new mails from my sent folder, and older uncompressed
ones ( which are shown nice both in tb ), with some copy action in a new
folder from another client leads to wrong S
and tb does not display them any longer sometime, perhaps a double zip
happens?

It would help to know how to reproduce this on an entirely empty mail
account.

i will try to test, but first i have to deal with now broken maildirs
i try disable zlip plugin now ,as workaround hopefully this does not
lead to more problems on old maildirs , and fix the problem with new mail

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer