[Dovecot] zlib plugin maildir broken ?/ Cached message size smaller than expected

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Aug 1 14:19:15 EEST 2012

Am 01.08.2012 07:36, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Am 31.07.2012 23:44, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
>> On 1.8.2012, at 0.29, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>>
>>> Cached message size smaller than expected
>>> and
>>> Maildir filename has wrong S value
>>> and
>>> Corrupted index cache file
>>>
>>> in dove 2.1.8
>>>
>>> i can reproduce the problem with tb 14
>>> with 2 nat machines connected to the same server
>>>
>>> the problem relates with create new folder then copy
>>> some uncompressed and compressed mail to it, the i.e
>>> open it by other client
>>>
>>> sometime this happens at once , sometime after a few copy actions
>>
>> I can't reproduce this. Are you sure the problem isn't that the old mails already have a wrong S value and the errors happen when Dovecot tries to read them?
>
> at my recent onwledge
> mixing  compressed new mails from my sent folder, and older uncompressed
> ones ( which are shown nice both in tb ), with some copy action in a new
> folder from another client leads to wrong S
> and tb does not display them any longer sometime, perhaps a double zip
> happens?
>
> It would help to know how to reproduce this on an entirely empty mail
> account.
>>

> i will try to test, but first i have to deal with now broken maildirs
> i try disable zlip plugin now ,as workaround hopefully this does not
> lead to more problems on old maildirs , and fix the problem with new mail

hi Timo, rolled back all stuff you recommended offlist
so situation is a bit better now, however why, i had to handle
cause more mailldirs get broken

i guess iam dealing with equal
Problems described here

http://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg43986.html

conversation with ralf, looks like your patch wasnt enough

i have a few mailboxes and folders now i cant fix
compressed files stay unreadable after move copy

by Maildir filename has wrong S value

i need some kind of mass repair actions etc , or some new patch
--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer