[Dovecot] dovecot testinstallation does not tell how to quit

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 27 21:38:46 EET 2012

On 12/27/2012 01:33 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 27.12.2012 19:28, schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>> I am having problems logging in with RoundCube, so thought I should see if there were instructions for testing
>> Dovecot login, and sure enough I found some at:
>>
>> wiki.dovecot.org/Testinstallation
>>
>> Well it works, so the problem is probably all RoundCube's, but this wiki page is missing an important line about
>> how to end the Telnet session without killing Telnet!  What is the quit/exit command?  And please add this to the
>> wiki!
>>
>> Oh, I just guessed it:
>>
>> a logout
> google "imap quit telnet session" leads to
> http://www.yuki-onna.co.uk/email/imap.html

So there you have

c logout

and I got

a logout

to work as well.  But I might think that a testing doc can include this
little tidbit, rather than do yet another search.  Since this is a
Dovecot test doc, I also might think it would have POP3 testing
instructions!  But I was happy to find the IMAP.  Now to figure out why
RoundCube fails to login with the same user that I logged in via Telnet.

Thanks for the pointer.