[Dovecot] Mixing v2.1 and 2.0 directors ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 28 03:02:54 EET 2012

On 27.12.2012, at 23.17, Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode at tanso.net> wrote:

> I'm preparing to set up a new set of directors on
> dovecot-ee-2.1.10.3-1, but would prefer to do this a bit gradually.
> Will it be OK to set up a ring of directors with 2x
> dovecot-ee-2.1.10.3-1 and 2x dovecot-2.0.14 ?

The new v2.1 director code can handle running with old v2.1 directors (there were some protocol changes that improve things). I think v2.0 director is protocol compatible with the old v2.1 directors, so I think in theory it should work.. But it's definitely not ever been tested in practise, and v2.1 did fix a ton of director bugs. So if you end up testing it, I think you should be ready to quicky upgrade the other director as well if any errors show up in logs.