[Dovecot] Documentation of Redis and Memcache Backends

Urban Loesch bind at enas.net
Thu Dec 6 15:46:35 EET 2012

Hi,

in the release notes of 2.1.9 I read that dovecot supports memcache and redis backends for
userdb/passdb authentication. This is very interesting for me and should reduce queries and database load of
our mysql servers.

My idea is to use memcache or redis in our IMAP/POP3 proxies in front of our backend servers.
So I would like to try out if it's possible to store proxy information of our backends. For
example the backend ip adress.

But in the wiki I found only a few configuration settings for redis backend.
http://master.wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/Dict

Also the mentioned example config file "dovecot-dict-auth.conf.ext" with full list of configuration options
does not exits in the source of 2.1.11.

Have you any idea where I can find the full info or any howtos?

Many thanks and regards
Urban