[Dovecot] Update configuration for separate mail directory

eehmke eggert.ehmke at berlin.de
Thu Dec 6 18:30:24 EET 2012

I have a small mail server with virtual users. In my /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-
mail.conf I have this setting:
mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%u
which is also the home location of each user. Now I learned that this is not
the prefered configuration, and in fact some of my sieve subdirectories are
mistaken as mail directories. While I understand that I have to create
separate mail subdirectories in each user folder,  I am not sure where I
have
to adapt the dovecot configuration files. I could not find a guide, only
some
scattered hints and of course
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers/Home
I guess I have to shut down the server for the reconfiguration, or is there
way to do it on a life system?
Eggert